Click to return to:
Qing Xiang Zi
- Pharmaceutical: Semen Celosiae Argenteae
- English: Celosia seed
- Bitter, cool
Actions and Indications
- Drains Liver fire and removes superficial visual obstruction
- Treats red painful swollen eyes, superficial visual obstructions, and cataracts related to both Liver fire and wind heat.
- Modern use is for hypertension.
Dosage: 3 - 15 grams (raw)
Cautions and Contraindications
- Contraindicated for glaucoma patients - dilates the eyes.
Glaucoma can manifest with symptoms that look an awful lot like red painful swollen eyes with superficial visual obstruction.
- Caution for Liver and/or Kidney yin deficient patients.