Click to return to:
Ban Bian Lian
- Clear Heat - Relieve Toxicity
- Pharmaceutical: Herba Lobeliae
- Taxonomic: Lobelia laxiflora, Lobelia chinensis
- English: Lobelia
- Sweet, neutral
- Heart, Lung, Small intestine
Actions and Indications
- Clears heat and reduces toxicity
Can be used internally or topically
- First choice for snake bite! Also works for wasp stings
- Treats fire toxins at the skin level including boils and carbuncles.
- Promotes urination and reduces edema
- Treats ascites, liver cirrhosis, jaundice and end-stage schistosomiasis (a parasitic blood fluke that can damage the liver, bladder, and intestines).
Dosage: 15 - 30 grams (raw)
Cautions and Contraindications
- Deficient types of edema.